The only thing that is stopping us from highly recommending it is its price tag – at $250 for the standard and $400 for the professional version, it’s a hefty sum for many artists. You can buy a lot of premade Photoshop addons on Creative Market or GraphicRiver for that price but if custom filters is what you need, there’s no better software than Filter Forge. At the date of this review, the plugin is 50% off which makes the price much more in line with what we think people are willing to pay. A new version of Filter Forge 4 is also in the making but you might save money by buying Filter Forge 3 now at half price and preordering the upgrade to Filter Forge 4. Overall, it’s an exceptional software that we think every designer should try out with the 30-day free trial.
- 9000+ texture and effect filters to choose from
- Create your own filters easily without any coding
- Works with Photoshop as a plugin or by itself as a standalone app
- A new version of Filter Forge is coming out and it may be cheaper to buy it now at 50% off and upgrade than to buy the new version at regular price.
- Many filters crash when saving at 3000×3000 pixels or larger using the standalone app. The Photoshop plugin worked fine.
- Complex filters can take a long time to render. All processing is done on the CPU (no GPU rendering).
[vc_cta_button title=”Download from filterforge.com” href=”https://filterforge.com/download/?affiliateid=200193045″ color=”btn-success” size=”btn-large” icon=”none” target=”_blank” position=”cta_align_right” call_text=”Filter Forge 30-Day Trial” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
[vc_cta_button title=”Buy Filter Forge” href=”https://www.filterforge.com/?affiliateid=200193045″ color=”btn-success” size=”btn-large” icon=”none” target=”_blank” position=”cta_align_right” call_text=”Download on filterforge.com” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]