Become a Writer
Want to share your tutorial with thousands of readers a day? Here’s your chance to promote yourself while educating thousands of Photoshop users. You can also earn $50 for your quick-tip or $150-300 for your full tutorial. Starting is easy and you don’t even need to have your tutorial ready. Just fill the form below with a picture of your tutorials final result and we’ll let you know if it qualifies.
The tutorial you intend to write for us must meet these requirements.
- Original – The tutorial must be written by you. Please do not duplicate or rewrite existing tutorials. The combination of techniques and final results must be unique. And as usual, you may not republish or resell your tutorial on other websites.
- Proper usage rights – You must have rights to use any media or resource in your tutorial. You can use your own images or purchase images from stock photography websites (ex. istockphoto.com, 123rf.com, fotolia.com, etc.). If you are using free stock media, please ensure that the media allowed to be used on a commercial website. Check the license of the images and ensure that you are allowed to use it – avoid using stock photos with no clear rules/license. DeviantART has some great stock photos but please read and respect the artists rules for each image. Other great websites are sxc.hu, Brusheezy for Photoshop brushes, and any Downloads from our website. Check out our stock photo website list for more.
- Credits – If you are using anyone’s idea, resources, photos, etc. please include a source or credit for them. We welcome artwork inspired by other artists but you must mention it in your tutorial and your tutorial submission.
- Non-destructive editing techniques – Please use non-destructive editing techniques when creating your artwork. Ex. Smart Objects, Smart Filters, Adjustment Layers, Layer Masks, etc.
Formatting your tutorial
In general, your tutorial should be formatted in the same way as the most recent tutorials on our website.
- Write the tutorial in steps – just like the tutorials you see on our website.
- Keep your images 700×700 pixels or less. Avoid merging multiple images into one huge image.
- Use our HTML or Microsoft Word template.
The Submission Process
Sending us your tutorial proposal is extremely easy!
- Fill in the form below to send us your tutorial proposal. You just need to include an image of the final results and description of what you will be teaching in your tutorial. Please keep your PSD handy.
- You will get a reply within 3-5 business days letting you know if your image qualifies for a tutorial or not. We may request to see your PSD for a further look at the techniques you use. Otherwise, we will let you know if you can proceed with writing the tutorial.
- When you have your tutorial written and completed, reply to the email with your tutorial and we’ll give you an offer. If everything is okay with you, we will send you the payment via PayPal