Discover how to create stunning photo manipulations in Photoshop. In this course, you'll learn everything from photographing models to creating dark conceptual artworks. If you enjoy our photo manipulation tutorials, you will absolutely love this course.
Step 23In this step we are going to cut the dead tree without losing any of its fine details into a new layer, which we will be using in the next step.
- Import the image of the Dead Tree and select the Blue Channel from the Channels pallet. The go to Image>Calculations and select Blue in both Source 1and 2. This creates an Alpha 1 layer in the Channels Pallet.
Step 24In this step we are going to add few dead branches in the scene to create a dramatic feel in it.
- Using the Lasso Tool (L) mask out a part of the dead tree into a new layer. Then import it on to the working layer and place it on the left side bottom corner as shown.
Step 25To make the scene look more dramatic we need to add a grunge texture to the scene. -Import the image of the Grunge Texture on to the working canvas and set the Blending Mode of the layer to Overlay and reduce the Opacity to 41%.
Step 26In this step we will be creating title plate for the scene.
- Import the canvas texture and cut it in circular shape using the Round Mask (M) and make one half of the texture Black and White as shown.
Step 27In this step we will be creating a frame around the round texture.
- Cut the bottom right corner of the Frame as shown using the Lasso Tool.
Step 281) Now merge all the frame layers and go to Image>Adjustments>Exposure and reduce the Exposure=-0.46 and Gamma Correction=1.00. 2) Then add dark shadow on the left side of the frame as shown to create a natural depth to it.
Step 29In this step we are going to add shadow to the inner part of the frame and also to the outer part.
- Duplicate the image of the frame and make it completely dark using the Levels.