Turn any photo into a dot grid artwork with these Photoshop actions. You'll get great results with dots that change size. They get larger in brighter areas and smaller in darker areas. Free download available.
Create this Fantasy depicting scene of heaven and hell. This tutorial covers topics like creating reflections in moving water, ice cube with frost on it, turning daytime photos into nighttime, and many more.
Preview of Final Results
Heaven & Hell Photoshop Tutorial
- Landscape - forsakewolf
- Women - Taversia
- Smoke PSD - Tezrin
- Smoke Brushes - neveryph-stock
- Night Sky - Hatestock
- Lanterns - Wammyp
- Wooden House - Gebo-Stock
- Canvas Texture - Knald
- Frost Brush - Redheadstock
- Fire - Thesuper
- Smoke Brush - Falln-Stock
- Grunge Texture - amptone-Stock
- Dead Tree - castock
- Frame - sxc.hu
Create a new canvas in Photoshop with the dimensions Width=1506px, Height=2256px.
Now import the image of the Landscape onto the canvas. Also observe the behavior of the reflection in water as it will help us create natural looking reflection in the coming steps.
1) Mask out the image of the Women using the Pen Tool (P).
2) Import the image of the women onto the working canvas and place her on the water surface as shown to illustrate that she is standing on the water surface.
In this step we will be creating a reflection of the women on the water surface.
- Duplicate the image of the women and flip it Vertically and move it downwards as shown.
2) With the Reflection layer selected go to Filters>Liquify and set the Tool Options to Brush Size=16, Brush Density=38, Brush Pressure=100 and leave the rest as default. Then scribble on the image randomly using the Forward Warp Tool (W) to get the disturbance that we usually find in the reflection on water.
In this step we are going to create smoke at the bottom of the women which is represented as a portal through which the women has come from.
- Since the density of smoke is lighter than water it float on the surface of water, hence using the smoke brush paint white smoke floating on the water as shown using the Smoke Brushes.
2) Now by using the smoke images create a dense Smoke as shown near the feet.
- Now by using the Lasso Tool (L) roughly cut the background landscape leaving the trees on the right.
2) Now create an Exposure Adjustment layer to the background layer and set the Exposure=-0.31, Offset=-0078, Gamma Correction=0.94.
Since we are creating a night scene, we are going to make the BG (Back Ground) dark in this step.
-Create a new layer above the BG layer and paint the dark shade as shown using the Soft Round Brush. Then set the Opacity of the layer to 63%.
- Similarly paint the dark shade on the grass and set the Opacity of the layer to 52%.
In this step we are going to color correct the women to fit with the environment we are creating.
-With the women layer selected go to Image>Adjustments>Curves and set the RGB curves as shown.
In this step we will be creating the night sky with a full moon and also be creating itâ€™s reflection in water.
amazing!! great to see the amazing work of great experienced art directors!!
Great! excellent Job Men