Turn any photo into a dot grid artwork with these Photoshop actions. You'll get great results with dots that change size. They get larger in brighter areas and smaller in darker areas. Free download available.
Preview of Final Results
Heaven & Hell Photoshop Tutorial
- Landscape - forsakewolf
- Women - Taversia
- Smoke PSD - Tezrin
- Smoke Brushes - neveryph-stock
- Night Sky - Hatestock
- Lanterns - Wammyp
- Wooden House - Gebo-Stock
- Canvas Texture - Knald
- Frost Brush - Redheadstock
- Fire - Thesuper
- Smoke Brush - Falln-Stock
- Grunge Texture - amptone-Stock
- Dead Tree - castock
- Frame - sxc.hu
Step 1Create a new canvas in Photoshop with the dimensions Width=1506px, Height=2256px.
Step 2Now import the image of the Landscape onto the canvas. Also observe the behavior of the reflection in water as it will help us create natural looking reflection in the coming steps.
Step 31) Mask out the image of the Women using the Pen Tool (P). 2) Import the image of the women onto the working canvas and place her on the water surface as shown to illustrate that she is standing on the water surface.
Step 4In this step we will be creating a reflection of the women on the water surface.
- Duplicate the image of the women and flip it Vertically and move it downwards as shown.
Step 5In this step we are going to create smoke at the bottom of the women which is represented as a portal through which the women has come from.
- Since the density of smoke is lighter than water it float on the surface of water, hence using the smoke brush paint white smoke floating on the water as shown using the Smoke Brushes.
- Now by using the Lasso Tool (L) roughly cut the background landscape leaving the trees on the right.
Step 7Since we are creating a night scene, we are going to make the BG (Back Ground) dark in this step. -Create a new layer above the BG layer and paint the dark shade as shown using the Soft Round Brush. Then set the Opacity of the layer to 63%. - Similarly paint the dark shade on the grass and set the Opacity of the layer to 52%.
Step 8In this step we are going to color correct the women to fit with the environment we are creating. -With the women layer selected go to Image>Adjustments>Curves and set the RGB curves as shown.
Step 9In this step we will be creating the night sky with a full moon and also be creating itâ€™s reflection in water.
- Import the image of the Night Sky on to the canvas and place it behind the BG layer.