1) Using the Soft Round Brush paint the glow as shown with the color #f9b21a.
2) Then set the Blending Mode of the glow layer to Screen.
3) Now increase the size of the brush and paint the glow as shown.
4) Then set the Blending Mode to Screen.
: In this step we will be creating feathers flying around in the scene.
1) Select the Feathers Brush from the Brushes pallet and paint some feathers in the scene as shown using the black color.
- Then place the layer under the tombstone and dead branches layer.
2) Now select another feather brush and increase the brush size. Then paint two black feathers closer to the scene as shown. Then place the layer above the tombstone layer but under the dead branches layer.
3) Now to maintain the DOF of the scene add a Gaussian Blur of Radius 8.3px to the feathers.
In this step we are going to add crows in the scene and add some effects to make them look real and convincing in the scene.
1) Import the image of the Crow into the scene and place it as shown. Then by using the Lasso Tool (L) draw a mask around the edges of the wings and tail as shown and add a Feather of 35px.
2) Then go to Filters>Blur>Motion Blur and add a Motion Blur with Distance=24px and Angle=38.
3) Then similarly add another crow in the scene as shown.
In this step we are going to create a decoration item on the tombstone.
1) Mask out the image of the Decoration plant using the Magic Wand Tool (W) and import it onto the working canvas and place it on the tombstone as shown.
2) Then by using Hue/Saturation de-saturate the image to -55.
3) Since the decoration item is placed on the tombstone it should match the DOF of it (Tombstone). Hence with the decoration layer selected add a Gaussian Blur of Radius 2.2px.
4) Now add dark shadows to the decoration as shown to match with the lighting of the scene perfectly.
In this step we are going to color correct the scene using the Gradient.
1) Select the 'Foreground to Transparent' gradient and select sky blue color as foreground color and add the gradient to the scene as shown.
2) Then set the Blending Mode of the layer to Overlay and reduce the Opacity of the layer to 38%.
Now import the image of the Grunge Texture onto the working canvas and set the Blending mode of the texture to Multiply and reduce the Opacity of the layer to 42%.
In this step we are going to create dark clouds and couple of thunders in the background.
1) Using the Soft Round Brush paint the dark clouds in the background as shown.
2) Now select the Lighting Brush from the brushes pallet and paint the thunders as shown in the scene with the white color.
Tutorial by Santhosh Koneru
Thank you for following this tutorial! I'm a freelance graphics designer and the founder ofÂ zillionartsÂ and zillionarts Workshop the places where you find Workshops Hosted by industry Professionals and also all forms of art are showcased together to provide inspiration to the young minds. You can know more about me from myÂ portfolio blogÂ and also can follow me onÂ Twitter
- Santhosh Koneru