Fantasy scenes are never without a mystical object in the hands of the main character, hence in this step we are going to create a uniquely looking fire torch in the left hand of the women.
1) Erase the small knife that the woman is originally holding using the Eraser Tool (E).
2) Now import the image of the Gnarled Log onto the working canvas and place it in the position as shown.
3) Now erase the portion of the log to make the fingers visible, which makes the log look like it is held in the hands of the women.
4) With the log layer selected go to Image>Adjustments>Exposure and set the Exposure to -0.19 and Gamma Correction to 0.49.
Import the image of the BackGround on to the working canvas and place it as shown.
In any photo-manipulation or matte painting works lighting plays an important role in making the scene look more convincing in all natural aspects. Hence in this scene we assume that the light source is on the right side of the scene.
-Using the Soft Round Brush (B) paint the dark shadow on the left side of the women and the bark as shown.
As we said in the intro that the nature is holding it’s last light of hope from dying, we need to add few dead branches in the scene to create the dry feel in the scene. In this step we are going to cut the dead tree from its image and place it in our scene.
1) Import the image of the Dead Tree 1 and select the Blue Channel from the ‘Channels’ pallet. The go to Image>Calculations and select the Blue channel from the channel drop down list.Â
2) Now by using the Levels make the image into a complete silhouette.
3) Select the main image and go to Select>Load Selection and select the Alpha 1 from the Channel Drop down list and press OK to select the mask around the dead tree.
4) Now separate the selection into a new layer.
5) Now import the dead tree branches on to the working canvas and place them near the base of the bark as shown.
In this step we are going to add wings to the woman.
1) Import the image of the Wings into the scene and place them on the back of the woman as shown.
2) Considering the lighting principles of the scene paint the dark shadow on the right wing.
: In this step we are going to create a deforested landscape in the background.
1) Import the Deforestation image on to the canvas and place it as shown.
2) Using the Move Tool (V) transform the image to fit the prospective of the scene. Lower the Opacity of the deforested image to 55% before transforming for a better view of the original image prospective.
3) Now by using the Hue/Saturation reduce the Saturation level of theimage to -65.
4) Now by using the Eraser Tool (E) erase the deforested image as shown, and then lower the Opacity to 76% to fit perfectly in the background.
5) Similarly create the deforested landscape on the left side of the scene as shown.