Turn any photo into a dot grid artwork with these Photoshop actions. You'll get great results with dots that change size. They get larger in brighter areas and smaller in darker areas. Free download available.
Preview of Final Results
Tutorial ResourcesNote: night-fate-stock has officially closed. Use the alternative stock photo links instead.
- Landscape 64 - night-fate-stock (Alternative)
- sky 65 - night-fate-stock (Alternative)
- Antique Bathtub 2 - Falln-Stock
- lonely child - j4jstock
Step 1: Create a New Image FileLet's start by creating a new image file, go to the Menu bar and click File > New, and then input the following values on their respective fields:
- Presets: International Paper
- Size: A4
- Width: 2480 pixels
- Height: 3508 pixels
- Resolution: 300 pixels/inch
- Color Mode: RGB Color; 8 bit
- Background Contents: White